Thursday, December 29, 2005

"I wish I knew how to quit you"

Yes, that's from "Brokeback Mountain", a film that generates yearning and lost love in the viewer via two very pretty boys who appeal to both genders. I saw this movie while sitting between R and J, life partners and very pretty boys themselves. J and I cried shamelessly and R kept asking, "Just exactly what is so sad?" J did a great imitation of a tight-lipped Heath Ledger saying, "I ain't queer." I can just say that it is haunting, because of the photography, the setting, and the lovers who can never be together.

And then we have an interview with Shirley Maclaine and Jennifer Aniston that was in the local paper here, The Sun Sentinel. Ms. Maclaine was quoted as saying,"Jennifer and I have gotten quite close. But I did not get close to Cameron Diaz, she was impossible to know. And that Nicole Kidman, well, she's just an alien."

Now, we understand you are old, Ms. Maclaine, but has the edit button disintegrated along with your knees? Well, don't change a hair, because I can't wait for your next quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home