Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My Electronic Family

OK, so when living alone, there are periods that are absolutely wonderful, when you are lost in enjoyable pursuits, having fun with friends, and out and about as the anonymous observer of all things that interest you. During the down times, and I must say they almost always revolve around eating alone, I need to break bread with my electronic family. Now the table regulars almost always include Anderson Cooper, Jon Stewart, Dr. Phil, and all of America's Top Model hopefuls....sometimes when the pickings are slim and I am eating indiscriminately, I am forced to forge connections with the lovely ladies on QVC or HSN because they are so damned cheerful about all the crap they are selling. And who wants to be depressed when you're eating. My favorite pastime is stuffing my face with glee while watching Survivor contestants starving and scraping their measly corn into their mouths. Why. Indeed. But the ideal family of all time to hang with are the Sheffields. Don't ask me to explain my identification with this very predictable show, maybe that is it, and maybe I love all the activity and fun inside the mansion on Park Avenue. And maybe I should get out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home