Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Blogger's Block

So I haven't written in many days for a variety of reasons but now that I am in sunny Florida and the holiday horror stories of my buddies are rolling in, I feel the need to bleed. What comes to mind first is the Christmas Eve debacle. Picture several trips to the car loading pies, champagne, wine, overnight bag, etc etc and on the last trip, deciding to lock the kitchen door, realizing at the instant I slammed it that the keys (car and house) were sitting on the counter. I believe I must have looked, at that moment, like Gilligan when he realizes that there is a big hole in what he is trying to fill with water. And, gentle reader, there I was in the cold, 4pm on Christmas Eve, and no way to go anywhere or get back in my house. I considered walking to the nearby diner and spending the time there until I could get a locksmith (on Christmas Eve?).

The very night before, I gave J and L a key to my house. The very night before. So of course they were not home, but we forged a plan to contact a neighbor who could go into their house and get a key. They will call me back. They do. Both neighbors who have their key are out.

We hatch plan B to try to get the babysitter to get the key. I dispatch JB, who had to leave her family, to go to their house and hopefully someone would have the key. One and a half hours later, I got the key and started out to M's to begin Christmas Eve. May I say, there is no remorse like the split second after a bonehead move when you begin thinking of options and they all vaporize.

More holiday capers tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home