Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Trim Package

I'm glad I have a snow plow but I hate starting the damn thing, which is why my driveway is yet unplowed after last night's blizzard. And I keep thinking about my ailing car in the garage. 180,000 miles on an Infiniti they no longer make and to which I am extremely loyal. But today, I cheated on it, in my heart and on the internet....someone said the magic word, "lease" and suddenly the smell of new car leather, the promise of being able to listen to my Ipod in the car, and the GPS in the dash, became intoxicating. I created a new folder of favorites and visited, just visited, Nissan, Mazda, Lexus, Toyota Prius, and then spiraled into greedy little sojourns to BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and Jag-U-ahr. My head is spinning and I am salivating to the point that should my car problem turn out to be a very fixable and inexpensive venture, I may still opt to go out and lease my new flame.

C. was sweet enough to offer her car for me to take to teach class this week, should I have NO wheels at all, and I love her for that...it took a lot of pressure off. Now all I have to do is get out of my driveway and to the dealer/hospital. I think I have troubles and then I hear that Dick Cheney shot someone....I'm surprised it took so long. Well, off to watch the Olympics where they don't seem to mind snow as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home