Monday, November 06, 2006

The File Cabinet



Z-line, makers of the light cherry wood file cabinet extraordinaire, should have all their teeth rot and fall out while they laughingly pack up the six trillion pieces, hardware, and LAME instructions for other unsuspecting buyers.

Yes, there was an injury. Some of the holes were not hewn correctly so I had to lean with my entire weight to get the cam screws screwed in, and during one of those sweating, grunting forays that sounded like I was wrestling with a Yeti, the phillip’s head slipped and went directly into my pinky. Wee, wee, wee, all the way home.



So, all told, with major parts of the directions, um, left out? , I figured the damn thing out in under 4 hours, but close to it. There’s four hours I will never get back. Sort of funny that M came over after that and we went to see “Running With Scissors” with my big band-aid on my finger.

So I did it. I hate those blood-sucking, sadistic Cantonese at Z-line, and I now know they truly hate us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home